Thursday, October 28, 2004

I wanna fall sick

Often people hate to fall sick, but I would love to…just for the following small pleasures I get, when I fall sick..Some how all these great things always keep my spirits high and always help me fight all my pains….

- First of all, I don’t have to wake up early and hurry up with the daily chores and rush to work…I would be let to sleep, sleep and sleep
- Around 9.00 am, mom and dad would come to my bedside and warmly wake me up to check if I was feeling better and spend their precious 15 minutes cajoling me to have some kanji (porridge) before the first round of medicines.
- That lazy stroll around the house!! Just to get back to my cozy bed, underneath the warm blanket & hugging those soft pillows...
- Appa’s get well soon kiss on my forehead, before he left to the office… and his call every other hour to check if I was fine…
- Amma’s day off from the office just to sit beside me all day….
- Dear paati would get me my ilaneer (tender coconut) or saathukkudi (sweet lime) juice or that barley thanni(Always wondered how my darling 80 yr old was so energetic and full of life)
- Calls from all my dear friends, one after the other just to make me feel on top the world... (oops I hate to miss these calls )
- That small nap before its time for amma to feed me with rasanjaadam or thachimammu (literally spoon by spoon) and then my second course of medicines
- The comfort and luxury of paati’s lap and mom gently pressing my tired legs
- The long afternoon nap till my dearest brother calls to find his didi's haal..
- The uncles & aunts’ visits in the evenings… just to assure that… We do care for you
- Then the poor Project Manager’s deliberate call to find out if I was fine..(Obvious enough to find if I would check in the next day), but tragically I would request for an extension (another day’s pleasure.)
- Can I miss the late evening chats with fellow colleagues?…(of course I need to be aware of what’s happening at work too …)
- That long awaited high fever which would draw everyone’s attention to me.
- The thermometer and the piece of white cloth dipped in ice…
- The lukewarm milk with a tinge of turmeric, pepper and sugar before the last course of medicines.
- Mom’s prayers(with that lil tear hiding beneath her eyelids)…to give her all my pains (moms are really amazing aren’t they?)
- Seeing tired mom and dad wide awake till I fall asleep late in the nite
- Finally, my good night kiss...!!!

But sadly even a small cold, when I am away from home seems to be really killing…How I wish I were at home now!!!...

1 comment:

rajesh said...

2 wishes from me..
1)Hope you get sick asap..
2)Wish you a speedy recovery in a day or 2 .
:)
-Raapi