Monday, October 11, 2004

Exam fever

Goooooosh…. these exams really drive me crazy….. Those cramps in my stomach, sleepless nights, my lil tummy forgets to get hungry…. Ooooooops… and it feels as though by brain is getting baked in a highly pre-heated oven….

Exams are still a nightmare… No more writing pads with my “Pillaiyaar Swami padam “ on the rear side, no more magnetic pencil boxes, no more Omega geometry boxes, no more jhanjhats about the filling Bril ink in my fountain pens… no more hunting for Luxor sketch pens to highlight my answers…. But then… my Natraj HB pencil still has to be sharpened and my Faber Castel Eraser still needs to be fresh out of the seal...

Exams seem to be a lot easier these days… I don’t have to derive any equations, certainly no more theorems to be proved….don’t have to draw any more graphs… don’t have to remember the parts of the animal and plant cell for my Biology papers… don’t have to write pages and pages of history on my Geography paper…don’t even have to remember Shakespeare’s quotes for my English papers… But then I really found them much more interesting…. and it was definitely more fun, when my class teacher gave back the papers… to let me count my marks…. A 93 and a half would simply be 94/100 …. For sure my teachers would always… miss off a few half marks here and there… so an 89 would easily run into a 93 or 94 …. And that would easily push me into the top 5 rankers in the class…

These are the days of the OMR sheets… I just have to sit and shade those 80 odd circles… and then these dark circles decide my bright future…. Isn’t that really funny… These objective questions always make me wonder… “Why is my life not laden with me so many crisp choices/options ….?” But then … I am happy… I don’t have to play “Inkey Pinkey Ponkey, father had a donkey, donkey died, father cried, Inkey Pinkey Ponkey… Ponkey ” OR “In Pin safety Pin , In pin Out” (This is what I do at my exam hall these days) ….with my wonderful life…. These OMR answer sheets barely fetch me any marks….Of course they are just enough and somehow I am saved from that deadly demarcation (Pass/Fail)….

Sadly, I am now waiting to pen in pages and pages at the exam hall… to get back my 89s and 94s… It’s really long since I have seen these figures on my mark sheets…. But then…. Yippie… hope that’s not far away…. :-)

Just an after thought: - At times life seems to be a lot easier, sweeter and simpler, when we just have to choose amongst a few (two) options… Isn’t that really really really true… ???

Smiles…!!!

No comments: